Members and guests of The Boar's Head Sports Club have access to our incredible array of facilities and activities.
Enjoy climbing at your leisure, or take our two-hour class for climbers wishing to learn the basics about knot tying, belaying, climbing communication and rock wall safety. Open daily from 1-9 p.m., we also offer supervised hours specifically for kids.
- Hours may vary due to programming needs.
- All climbers must complete a Climbing Waiver to climb, with those under the age of 18 required to have a parent or legal guardian sign their waiver.
- Climbing and equipment are complimentary for members and resort guests. Non-member fee of $20 includes climbing and equipment. Belay and safety classes $10/member
Maximize your workout with bikes, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, free weights, a power rack and Cybex equipment. Our certified fitness professionals—including two exercise physiologists with master's degrees—are there to assist you in achieving your personal best.
Enjoy the camaraderie of exercise classes with certified aerobics instructors. Choose from over 55 classes per week, including low impact, Pilates, step, interval training, strength, water aerobics, yoga and cycle classes. View current class schedules.
Multipurpose Room Classes
The Boar's Head offers a tremendous variety of stimulating and fun classes for everyone in its Multipurpose Room/Gym, including volleyball, basketball and our special "Little Fitness" class.
Killer serves or gentle volleys. Clay courts, hard courts or cushioned courts. Singles or Doubles.
One of the top 50 tennis resorts. In one of the nation's top 10 tennis cities. Everyone loves tennis at The Boar's Head.
- Tennis Courts - The Boars Head features a total of 26 USTA regulation tennis courts, including 14 outdoor courts and 12 indoor courts.
- Squash Courts - We offer one American singles squash court and one regulation doubles squash court—the only one in the state of Virginia.
Our aquatic facilities include a heated outdoor 25-meter Junior Olympic pool with six lap lanes, round activity pool with slide, and a small kid pool. The resort offers an adults-only pool for guests 18 and older.
Birdwood Golf Course
Set among gently rolling hills, our 18-hole course offers par-72 championship golf for players of all skill levels.
Reward a winning shot or a workout milestone with something from our Pro Shop. Choose from an energetic selection of athletic and leisure clothing, shoes, accessories and equipment from Head, Reebok, Dunlop, Wilson and Prince.
Sip a refreshing strawberry-banana smoothie. Savor the aroma of our specialty coffees. Order homemade soup and salad, a hearty wrap or a sandwich for lunch or dinner. Beer and wine available. Outdoor seating, weather permitting.