2014 Festival of Squash
September 18-22, 2014
Join us at McArthur Squash Center (MSC) in September for our second Festival of Squash. Our 2013 inaugural event was a huge hit with pro players, amateur players, Boar's Head Sports Club members, and fans of squash all over, and this year promises to be even better.
Our Festival of Squash Features 5 great tournaments running simultaneously:
- Ilex Construction PSA Tournament for professional singles players on the world tour. With an increase of $10,000 in prize money (to $25,000) we hope to see the main draw include a couple of player ranked inside the world top 20. Click here for more information on the tournament page of PSA's website. Qualifiers Draw PDF Download Main Draw PDF Download
- Harrow UVa Challenger SDA Tournament for professional hard ball doubles players on the world tour. Once again we are the opening event of the season for the players on the worlds double tour and our prize fund of $15,000 should ensure that the majority of last year's participants are back again. Click here for more information on the tournament page of SDA's website. Click here to view the Main Draw PDF.
- McArthur Squash Center Junior Silver Tournament for junior squash players. This United States Squash sanctioned event is open to junior squash players, boys and girls, from U11 through to U19. Click here for more information on the tournament page of US Squash's website. Entry for this event is already open.
- McArthur Squash Center Squash Festival Tournament for amateur adult players of all skill levels. Last year's adult event had over 100 participants with almost everyone in the Charlottesville squash community turning out to play – we hope to have even greater participation levels this year. Click here for more information on the tournament page of US Squash's website. Entry for this event is already open.
- Pro-Am Hardball Doubles Tournament. Eight of our SDA pro's will team up with 8 lucky amateurs for this fun event. To claim one of the 8 amateur spots available requires a minimum $1,000 donation to the UVa squash program.*
2014 Festival of Squash Entry Deadlines
8/5 Entry Closes for Ilex Construction PSA event
8/26 Entry Closes for Harrow SDA event
9/5 Entry closes for amateurs wanting to participate in the pro-am doubles*
9/10 Regular entry closes for the junior & adult amateur events
* Please note that there are 8 places available in the pro-am and we expect these to all be spoken for well before the 9/5 deadline. If you are interested in playing in the pro-am please contact Mark Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
FESTIVAL OF SQUASH
Tuesday September 16
4:00 p.m. – 8 ;00 p.m.
Round 1 of the PSA Qualification event, with 8 matches total taking place at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. For directions to the Lerner Center, where GW's squash courts are located, please click here. A pdf version of the PSA qualification draw can be downloaded here.
Wednesday September 17
4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Round 2 of the PSA Qualification event, with 4 matches total taking place at GW University. The winners make it through to the main draw in Charlottesville and will be transported immediately after their matches are done.
Thursday September 18
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
PSA (singles) First Round of Main Draw. First four matches to be played back to back on center court. A pdf version of the PSA main draw can be downloaded here.
1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
SDA (doubles) Qualification Round 1. Four matches total, played on courts 9 & 10. A PDF version of the SDA qualification draw can be downloaded here.
4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
PSA (singles) First Round of Main Draw. Four matches to be played back to back on center court.
6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
SDA (doubles) Qualification Round 2. Two matches total, played back to back on court 9.
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Courts 5-8 being used for some local first-round matches in the "Festival of Squash" adult amateur event.
NOTE: Players from Charlottesville and Richmond should be available to play Thursday evening.
5:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Our Thursday evening Round Robin will take place as usual on courts 1-4 and doubles court 10. This is open to members and guests. Tournament entrants arriving early are invited to come along and join in the social play with our members.
Friday September 19
4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
SDA Quarter-Finals, back to back on Court 9. Click here to view a PDF version of the Main Draw.
4:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Silver Junior Tournament First-Round Matches at MSC and STAB
4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
PSA Quarter-Finals, back to back on center court
5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
"Festival of Squash" Adult Amateur Tournament First-Round Matches at MSC and STAB
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Drinks available court side (cash bar)
Saturday September 20
8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Breakfast available for all players and guests on doubles mezzanine
8:00 a.m.– 7:00 p.m.
Silver Junior Tournament matches at MSC and STAB
8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Adult Tournament Championship Matches at MSC and STAB
12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Lunch available for all players and guests at center court mezzanine
2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
SDA Semi-Finals, back to back on court 9
5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
PSA Semi-Finals, back to back on center court
7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Tournament Reception & Party. The party includes free food and drink for tournament participants and spectators.
9:00 p.m. onwards
Shuttle service for tournament players to downtown after-party.
Sunday September 22
8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Breakfast available for all players and guests on center court mezzanine
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Silver Junior Tournament matches at MSC
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Adult Tournament Finals matches at MSC
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
SDA Final on Court 9
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
PSA Final on Center Court
2:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Presentation and Tournament Closing
If you have any questions regarding the festival then please do not hesitate to contact Director of Squash Mark Allen at 434-972-7424, or by email at email@example.com.
Entertainment in Charlottesville
via the Charlottesville Convention & Visitors Bureau
Entertainment from Charlottesville on Vimeo.
For More Information